看电影学英语,100LS训练法零基础掌握英语,附上中英对照剧本

现在流行看电影学英语,今天看的电影是风雨哈佛路。看它一百遍就能学会英语了吗?确实对听力口语提高很大,当然你要能坚持,还要方法得当。下面附上中英对照剧本,可复制打印。至于电影网上自己搜索看吧。

看电影学英语,100LS训练法零基础掌握英语,附上中英对照剧本-1

Homeless to Harvard 2003 Scripts【风雨哈佛路】中英对照剧本

1–I loved my mother so much 我非常爱我的妈妈

2–She was a drug addict 她吸毒

3–She was an alcoholic 也酗酒

4–She was legally blind 基本失明

5–She was a schizophrenic 她还患有精神分裂症

6–but I never forgot that she loved me 但是我决不会忘记她爱我

7–even if she did it 即使她忘记了

8–all the time 一直如此

9–all the time 一直如此

10–all the time 一直如此

11–Lisa, give me the money! Its mine!丽萨 给我钱 它是我的

12–God, its mine!上帝啊 那是我的

13–Whos Saint Donalson.谁是圣 丹诺森

14–Where is it?它在哪儿

15–Give it to me!快给我

16–What is epidermis.什么是表皮层

17–What is the epidermis. Correct!什么是表皮层 正确

18–Give it to me!快给我

19–Let go, mom!快放手 妈妈

20–I gave a hundred to you!我分给你一百块

21–Just come, I gave 100 to you!别跑 我分给你一百块

22–to one of you!你们一人一百块

23–Were forced to live on!我们还要生活呢

24–Every month! It is …Its…Its the same damn thing!每个月 老是这样

25–What is genus.什么是菌属

26–You can put it in your arms,你把它们全拿去吸毒了

27–so we can starve!我们就可以挨饿了

28–Its mine!是我的

29–I didnt take it! Give it to me!我根本没有拿 把它给我

30–What is Denmark?什么是丹麦王国

31–Give it to me! Its mine!给我 是我的

32–Its mine!是我的

33–Were hungry.我们饿了

34–I cant ! We need food, mom!我不能给你 我们需要食物 妈妈

35–What did you ever do for me, huh?!你们为我做过什么

36–I gave you life!我给了你们生命

37–Tell me go out to the street and sell myself for it? huh?你想让我当妓女吗 让我去卖身吗

38–Do you want me to do it?你想让我那么做吗

39–I know I do it sometimes, right?我知道我会这么做的

40–Come on, jinny, what are you saying?别这样 姬恩 你在说什么啊

41–She doesnt need to do that!她当然不用这么做了

42–Oh, My God!噢 上帝

43–I need it.我需要它

44–I need it.我需要它

45–I need it.我需要它

46–What is Medina?什么是玛蒂娜

47–Whos Guerra Champion?谁是格拉勇士

48–I wanted that smile. Oh, god!我需要那个微笑 哦上帝

49–I wanted that smile so much!我是多么需要那个微笑啊

50–I was pathetic, wasnt I?我很可怜 不是吗

51–Dont take the aqueduct! Mummy!别拿那个 妈咪

52–Daddy!爸

53–Who is Carl Deniel 谁是卡尔 德尼尔

54–She taking the aqueduct!她拿着管子

55–What the hell difference does it make?那又有什么区别

56–Shell get mugged!她全拿走了

57–Who cares!那又怎么样

58–Dad, well cop her, if we cant shell get mugged!爸 快走 我们不能看着她全拿走

59–Always a big production!真是个大麻烦

60–Whos noel Coward?谁是诺埃尔·考沃德

61–See they fixed the light for a change.你看他们把灯泡修好了

62–Not easy to break them again.过不久就又被打破了

63–No, no, no. Shes OK, see the water runs downhill.不不不 她还行 你看水到这停止了

64–Theres no water.那儿没什么水

65–No, no. Dont you know what aqueduck is?不不不 你不知道沟渠是什么吗

66–The aqueduct carried water to New York City 沟渠是用来给纽约运水的

67–for like over a hundred years they did that.一百多年都是这么弄的

68–And they close it down,然后关闭了

69–but now the ghost water, right? He carried your mother along.但是现在鬼水把你妈妈困住了

70–My father,我父亲

71–you could sit down on a couch and talk to my father.你可以坐下来跟我父亲聊天

72–you just cant talk to him for long.但你总是不会跟他谈太久

73–Hey, Jean!嘿 姬恩

74–He knew so much. He got all the answers right on JEOPERDY.他懂很多东西 正确答案随口即出

75–He was a genius,他是个天才

76–every answer, every time.每一个回答 每一次都是(正确的)

77–Thats the thing.就是那样

78–Your parends are your Gods.你的父母是你的上帝

79–I look to them as an example of what I should find everywhere on the world 就象全世界所有的普通父母一

80–They paid so little attention to my needs 他们很少关心我的需要

81–but then I felt that 但是却让我觉的

82–their needs were so powerful that …他们的需要是如此强烈

83–It didnt make me feel hurt or angry that 以至于当他们不关心我时

84–they didnt look into me.都没让我感到伤害或者愤怒

85–because I felt OK.因为我觉得能够承受

86–This just must to be the human condition to be so.可能人类就是这样的

87–and then the world came in.然后事情就来了

88–You took my husband, you little busterd,你抢走了我的丈夫 你这个小混蛋

89–Ill kill you.我要杀了你

90–No, mummy 不 妈咪

91–Im not your mother. I did your favour.我不是你妈妈 我帮了你

92–I shouldnt have trail on you!真不该生下你

93–help me clean up this Liz.赶快把这里清理了 丽丝

94–They see this theyre gonna take us, too.他们见了会把我们也带走的

95–No! No! No! Its my house.不 不 不 这是我的房子

96–Dont take me! Get out!别带我走 走开

97–No! Dont take!不 别带我走

98–No fasten!别激动

99–What happened to the window?窗户怎么了

100–She threw the cat out.她把窗轴扔了

101–such you on fire, dont take me …你想带我走 别管我

102–Come on, Jean.别这样 姬恩

103–Why dont take a medication? Good girl!为什么你不接受治疗呢 好女孩

104–She takes it! She just takes too many other things on top of it…她只是其它的接受太多了

105–OK, OK.好 好

106–This place is a mess!真是够乱的

107–What happened here?这是怎么回事

108–I fell down.没什么

109–Oh, oh, oh. Jean! Put the knife down 喔喔喔 姬恩 把刀放下

110–OK, OK.好的 好的

111–All right. Wheres the phone?好吧 电话在哪里

112–we dont have one!我们没有电话

113–this woman doesnt fit 这个女人不合适

114–Youre kidding 你说笑吧

115–You girls have choice.你们有选择的

116–clean this place up, help your mother.把这里打扫干净 帮帮你妈妈

117–How about my father?那我爸爸呢

118–Ignore her. Shes a … Shes a feminist.别理她 她是个女权主义者

119–I can take you any time I want.我随时能把你带走

120–You keep skipping school.你一直在逃学

121–You keep living like the animals.你们活的就像肮脏的动物一样

122–Hey Hey where are you going?嘿 嘿 你去哪儿

123–come back here. come back.你去哪儿 回来 回来

124–Youre gonna go to a home.你要生活在一个家庭里

125–Do you know what home is like?你知道”疯房子”什么样吗

126–There are girls.那儿的女孩

127–Theyll be to dult take everything you have.会打你并且带走你的一切东西

128–you cant have anything! you have to clean bathrooms.你一点东西都不会有 你得刷厕所

129–youll work there if you dont work here.你在那边工作 你在家里不用工作的

130–back up! back up.后退 后退

131–Its not a show! You got nothing better to do huh?这不是看戏 去干你们自己的事吧

132–Mummy?妈咪

133–Mummy?妈咪

134–Mummy?妈咪

135–Couldnt they see?难道他们看不到吗

136–Anyone could see.谁都能看到

137–She was in so much pain.她承受着巨大的痛苦

138–There were struggles so much on the surface so there 多明显的挣扎 就在那里

139–if anyone cared to look 如果有人会看的话

140–It wasnt like she was running off from 并不是她不想

141–being a good mother to somebody else…成为一个好妈妈

142–She just didnt have any more to give.只是她再没有什么能给予的了

143–Oh, somebody stinks!真难闻

144–What is that?谁啊

145–I was always the smelly kid in class.我在班里是个”有味道”的孩子

146–Lisa stood on the bucket shower,我们用水桶接水淋浴

147–but daddy laughed at her doing,爸爸嘲笑说

148–said she had to marry a doctor 他必须跟一个医生结婚

149–she has so many expectations.医生要求很多

150–I didnt have any expectations.而我没有太多要求

151–so therefore, I guess, I stunk.所以 我身上有味

152–I scratched for lice, and burn between my legs 我的腿很痒 两腿间烧的难受

153–My teachers were always telling not to finch it.我的老师告诉我别去挠它

154–and my underwear. I didnt know what to do about underwear.内裤 我不知道该怎么对待内裤

155–I just wore it until it fell apart.直到内裤破了之前我一直穿着它

156–All right! people! thank you! rest is over.好啦 孩子们 谢谢你们 休息结束

157–My teeth ached. I was hungry.我的牙发痒 我很饿

158–settle! thank you!谢谢你们 快坐好

159–The teachers words never seemed to reach me.老师的话好像传不到我这里一样

160–Words just seemed… fall on the floor.那些话就好像掉到地上一样

161–Hold me the test. Theres no point that …把你的试卷给我

162–no, Ill take it.不 我要做

163–but youve been here what? for 3 times this month?你一个月来几次 3 次

164–no, Ill take it. It doesnt look that hard.不 我要做 看起来没那么难

165–Oh, Liz, stay here.丽丝 你留下来

166–You do smell, you know?你真的有味道 知道吗

167–Doesnt your mother tell you that you gonna …你妈妈没告诉你

168–no no Its my fault. I just forget.不 不 是我的错 我只是忘了

169–OK, well, when you wanna have shower tonight,好的 今天晚上你洗澡的时候

170–you wanna, you wanna wash back here?能把后边洗洗吗

171–Ah, Ive been saving some things for you.嗯 我看到一些你的东西

172–there 这个

173–and here. How did you do that?和这个 你是怎么做到的

174–Youre never in school.你都没来过学校

175–I read a lot.我读了很多书

176–Yeah? what do you read?你都读什么了

177–The Encyclopedia.像《百科全书》

178–The lady of the upstairs, Eva,楼上的女士伊瓦

179–she find it in the Dumpster, the whole set …她找到了这些书 一套书

180–well, except for the Erdos 不过没有《俄代斯》

181–If you asked me about Erdos,如果你问过《俄代斯》的话

182–I would have got it wrong.我肯定什么都答不上来

183–I was just lucky.我只是比较运气罢了

184–Oh, Lizzy! You have to come to school.好吧 丽丝 你必须到学校来

185–OK 好的

186–no, I mean it.不 我是认真的

187–look, its ridiculous youre way too smart not to be here.你比你想象的要聪明

188–I dont understand why dont you come?我不明白为什么不

189–I will.我会来的

190–How could I tell her that school made me sad.我怎么能告诉她学校让我感到难过

191–I didnt know how to talk to her.我不知道怎么跟她说

192–I didnt know how to talk to anyone.我不知道怎么跟任何人说

193–My house wasnt a place 我的家庭不是那种

194–you could come out of and be normal.你能走出来像个普通人一样的地方

195–We have to come every day. OK?你必须每天都来 好吗

196–If you dont, and I will call CHILD WELFARE.如果你不来 我会给管理部门打电话

197–Thats not a threat. Its a promise.这不是吓唬你 这是个承诺

198–Eva, look what Ive got.伊瓦 看我拿的是什么

199–100 !100 分

200–Yes, encyclopedia 是啊 《百科全书》

201–Good, you gotta make good marks. You dont wanna be an idot.很好 你得到了高分 你可不能落后

202–and you keep up now, you hear me?你要努力加油 知道吗

203–now your mothers back.现在你妈妈也回来了

204–My mothers back?我妈回来了

205–Well, we had a nice quiet couple of months,嗯 我们过了两个安静平淡的月份

206–didnt we?不是吗

207–The only good thing about my mother 我妈妈被带走的唯一好处

208–being taking away to the nut house was 就是她又回来了

209–that when she came back she was my mum again.她又是我的妈妈了

210–She cooked and she cleaned 做饭 打扫房间

211–more than she even to be a court sonographer.甚至学习如何做点好吃的

212–for me, that was a good quiet couple of months 对我来说 那是两个安静平淡的月份

213–before the drugs came back in.之后毒品又回到家庭了

214–Mummy?妈咪

215–Mummy?妈咪

216–Mummy?妈咪

217–Lizzy.丽丝

218–Are you OK?你还好吗

219–Im OK.我挺好的

220–pumpkin, you look real good.上帝啊 你长得真快

221–glad youre home, mummy.真高兴你又回来了

222–youre glad youre home?你觉得高兴吗

223–This hospital wont too bad.嗯 医院也不是很糟糕

224–Its too green, the walls.墙太绿了

225–and there were bars on the windows.而且窗户上还有栏杆

226–Im sorry. you had to say that, you know.对不起 医院就是这样

227–but Im glad youre home.我真高兴你又回来了

228–look!看

229–look! I…I got 100!看 我得了 100 分

230–no no. 100 is good.不 不 100 分是好的意思

231–100 is perfect.100 分是满分

232–Didnt you ever get 100?你没得过 100 分吗

233–I aint go to school.我没上过学

234–I ran away too young.我出走的时候年龄很小

235–Dont you ever run away from home.你千万不能离家出走

236–I wont 我不会的

237–Liz, Ill always be here for you.记住 我会一直在这里守护你的

238–I know, mummy.我知道 妈咪

239–Ill always be here. ALWAYS.我一直都在这里 一直都在

240–I know, mummy.我知道 妈咪

241–Im sick. Im sick. Im sick.我得病了 我得病了 我得病了

242–Liz, I… I have AIDS.我有爱滋病

243–no no 不 不

244–no no no 不 不 不

245–baby dont 孩子 不要

246–They say… dont be afraid.他们说 不用害怕

247–They say… I might…他们说 我可能

248–they say I could live forever, OK?我能一直活下去 好吗

249–but I cant live here.我不能住在这里

250–I gotta go home.我必须要回家了

251–This is home.这就是你的家

252–no, home to my pops. I wanna take you and Lisa.到我爸爸的家里 我想也带你过去

253–no no mom. you have to stay here.不 不 妈妈 你要待在这里

254–I cant stop the drugs.我停不了吸毒

255–and I cant do it when your daddy around.我也受不了你爸爸在身边

256–but youll be alone.但是你会孤单的

257–Liz, this is aready gonna over,丽丝 这么说会没完的

258–just pack up your things and lets go.把你的东西收拾好 咱们走

259–No, you said pops gonna beat you.不 你说爷爷打你

260–You said he raped your sister.你说他强奸了姐姐

261–since what it has to be now.你在这里就是这样

262–No, stay here 不 留在这里

263–I cant.我办不到

264–Stay mummy!留下吧 妈妈

265–Everything was falling apart.事情变的四分五裂

266–I thought if I could stay I could stop it.我以为我留下就能阻止这些

267–but if I stayed,我以为如果我留下的话

268–everything would somehow stay the same.所有的情况都会回复到从前的

269–Just open the door. Its no use. We know youre in there.把门开开 我知道你在里面呢

270–Wheres your mother and sister?你妈妈和姐姐呢

271–They are gone.她们离开了

272–Wheres your father?你爸爸呢

273–Hes gotta get some food, hell be right back.他去弄点吃的 马上就回来

274–Your teacher called.你的老师打电话了

275–Youre still not going to school.你还是没去学校

276–Youre never in school.你从来都没去过学校

277–We gotta do something about this.我们得采取些措施了

278–Miss Wonder warned you, I warned you,汪德小姐警告过你 我警告过你

279–every one year case workers warned you 每个知晓的工作人员(社会义工)

280–Thiss been going out for years 这都一年时间了

281–We all said clean up this place and go to school.我告诉过你把这里收拾干净 去上学

282–clean up and go to school 收拾干净 去上学

283–You have done neither one of them, have you?你都没办到 是不是

284–Elizabeth, have you?伊丽莎白 是不是

285–no 没有

286–So what we gonna do?那我们该怎么办

287–I dont know.我不知道

288–I do.我知道

289–Youre going into the system.你到姐妹收容所

290–Im taking her.我要带走她

291–but but things are better now.不 不 但是事情现在好转多了

292–My daddy buys me big potatos everyday 爸爸每天都给我买土豆

293–Youre not paying the rent. Youre not getting her to school.你没有交房租 你没让她去上学

294–I tell her to go. I told you to go to school.我告诉过她去上学 我告诉过她

295–Shes gotta mind of her own. Shes a feminist.她有她自己的主义 她是个女权主义者

296–This is not a joking matter.这可不是开玩笑的事

297–Pack her suitcase.给她准备行李

298–now!现在

299—no no no -Im sorry.-不 不 不 -哦 对不起

300–Ill go to school. Please!我去上学 我去上学 求你了

301–This isnt working. We need an adult whos responsible.这没用 我们需要一个负责任的监护人

302–My grandpas responsible.我爷爷会负责的

303–My grandpall take me.我爷爷会收留我的

304–My sisters there.我姐姐在那里

305–Your sister goes to school.你姐姐可是去上学的

306–Ill go to school, Ill go to school. Please!我去上学 我去上学 求你了

307–Dont make a fass.别再胡闹了

308–Ill talk to him. and if hell take you.我会跟他谈谈 如果他收留你

309–Youll be out in 24 hours.你 24 小时之内就会出来的

310–Im sorry.对不起

311–and if he wont?如果他不收留我呢

312–Youll have time to 那你就有时间

313–figure out how you wanna live your life.好好计划一下了以后的生活了

314–Figure out my life. Do people really do that?计划我的生活 人们真的这么做吗

315–Do they do that while they are falling down 当他们跌进一个黑色深坑里

316–into a deep dark hole.他们真的还会为这些事烦恼吗

317–buzzed in, locked in.叮叮声门铃 走进去

318–It was like visiting my mother.就好像去看我妈妈

319–only I was in the crazy house now.只是现在是我在精神病院里

320–and I didnt get out in 24 hours,我 24 小时内并没有出去

321–I didnt get out in 24 days.24 天内没有出去

322–no one wanted me. They just left me there.没人想要我 我被遗弃了

323–Why dont you go to school?你为什么不去学校

324–Thats the big problem weve got here.这是个很严重的问题

325–Why dont you go?为什么你不去

326–From what I can see, youve got a discipline problem.从我看来 你有纪律问题

327–Liz?丽丝

328–Hi, pops 你好 爷爷

329–You get your mother.我叫你妈妈

330–Jean, come out here. Shes here.姬恩 出来 她来了

331–Im leaving for school, but I wanna see you first.我得去学校了 但我想先见见你

332–Thanks, Lisa.谢谢 利萨

333–Dont screw this up. Were doing OK.别搞砸了 我们过的还好

334–and dont expect too much. Shes dying.而且 不要期望太多 她离死不远了

335–Lizzy!丽丝

336–mom 妈妈

337–When I think of my life.当我回想我的生命时

338–This is the time I like to think of.这是我喜欢回忆起的时刻

339–When I got back. When mothers mind was clear.我回来了 我妈妈的精神很正常

340–There was no cocaine. so her schizophrenic seemed about to working.没有毒品 也不再精神分裂

341–and we go to the cafe, and sit, and talk, and eat hamburgers.我们去咖啡馆 坐下聊聊 吃汉堡

342–We were together.当时我们在一块

343–Even with her bad eyes,虽然她的眼睛视力不太好

344–I think she could see me.我认为她能看见我

345–Well, she could see my outline.至少她能看到我的轮廓

346–and for a while, I had my mother again.那么一段时间 我妈妈又回来了

347–and we went to park. Yeah, I remember.我们去过公园 我记得

348–We used to side down that hill, remember?我们以前还拿硬纸板当垫子

349–you put down that old card borad we pretend it was slide.从山上滑下来

350–You remember that?你还记得

351–How about the tickle monster.我是个怪兽

352–Well, we screemed and laughed about that one.我们当时喊了半天

353–I was a good mom, wasnt I?我以前是个好妈妈 不是吗

354–Wasnt I?不是吗

355–Yeah, mom, sure, you were fine.是 妈妈 当然 你当时很好

356–well, Im real glad we were all together,我记得 以前你和我在一块

357–you know. you and me and Lisa 还有利萨

358–What if dad went off drugs too.如果爸爸能戒掉毒品的话

359–Wouldnt it be great?不是更好吗

360–Maybe we could even go back to the university avenue.我们甚至能回到大学街的家

361–Yeah…your dad.耶 你爸爸

362–Hes in a shelter right now.他现在一个收容所

363–Im afraid that he lost the apartment.我恐怕他没有公寓了

364–He can not even order the rend, so…从来没付过房租 所以

365–What about my stuff?那我的东西呢

366–got thrown out 被扔掉了

367–all of it, even my encyclopedias?包括所有的东西

368–look, pumpkin, Im really sorry,我真的很对不起

369–you know, they boardered the whole place.但是他们把整个地方都封了

370–There was nothing we could do.我们什么也做不了

371–Just, you know, crap happends, I mean.你知道 糟糕的事情就这么发生的

372–look, you know, I gotta go around the corner and see a few friends.我得到街角去见几个朋友

373–Just for a minute, OK?很快的 好吗

374–You finish your burger, and …你把你的汉堡吃完

375–and Ill be right back.我马上就回来

376–just be a minute. baby.就等一会 宝贝

377–so that was that. no going back.所以里面就那样 不可能回去了

378–I hadnt kept anything together.我过去什么都没有留下来

379–Ive only made things worse.只是事情更糟糕了

380–If I would only go to school.我只能去学校了

381–If I would only… If I would only.好像是我唯一能去的了 唯一能去的

382–so, that part of my life was over.那么我那部分的生活结束了吗

383–I guessed the new part had began.我想新生活已经开始了

384–Elizabeth Murray?伊丽莎白 玛丽亚

385–and youre her mother?你是她的妈妈

386–Ill take you to your class now.我会带你去你的教室的

387–Are you gonna get home OK?你回家没问题吗

388–Yeah, Im gonna see my buddies, you know,是的 我只是去见我的朋友们

389–they could take care of me.她们会照顾我的

390–Maybe I should just come with you.可能我该跟你一块走

391–You gotta stay in the school.你知道学校有规定的

392–They will take you away again, just go go.你不能跟我一块走 走吧 走吧

393–so we have nouns, verbs. Chris?那我们这里有纳斯 波斯 克里斯

394–adjective and preposition 埃及斯 迪辛

395–I wasnt the smelly kid any more.我再也不是最难闻的学生了

396–Ive learned to shower every day at the group home.我学会了每天洗澡

397–and my clothes, even if 我的衣服虽然是

398–they came from the thrift shop, all fit.从二手商店买的 都还合适

399–but I still didnt know how to be in school.但是我还是不知道该怎么待在学校

400–I still didnt know how to be normal.我还是不知道该怎么跟个平常人一样

401–People, can we try to settle down?大家能不能静一下

402–Chris, would you like to try diagram no. 12?克里斯 你想读读第十二段对话吗

403–no 不

404–Bobie?博比

405–You find it amusing, Miss.你觉得那很好笑吗

406–Elizabeth?伊丽莎白

407–Please dont call me that.请不要那么叫我

408–Its your name according to these forms.根据表格看那是你的名字

409–Liz or Lizzy 叫我丽丝或者丽兹

410–Liz or Lizzy is a nick name.丽丝或者丽兹是昵称

411–are nick names.都是昵称

412–no, Im afraid not.不 我想恐怕不是

413–Jesus, call the girl she wants to be called.上帝啊 就照她说的叫不就完了

414–Elizabeth is a fine name. the name of a queen.伊丽莎白是个好名字 是女皇的名字

415–The Elizabeths age was the age of Shakespeare.是莎士比亚时代的词

416–Whats your problem with it?有什么问题

417–My mother calls me Elizabeth, when shes going insane.我妈发狂的时候就叫我伊丽莎白

418–Liz then.那就叫丽丝吧

419–Bobie, the sentence.博比 句子是

420–so where did you go to school before this.那你以前在哪里上学

421–I didnt 我没上过学

422–How did you fall in here?那你干什么呢

423–I was at the group home.我以前在收容所长大

424–Is that freaky?那里很奇怪吗

425–Yeah 是的

426–but youre not a freak 但是你可不是个怪人

427–no 不是

428–Its too bad. I am.太糟糕了 我是的

429–My birthdays coming up.我的生日快到了

430–Yeah? When?是吗 什么时候

431–Ah, youll know 你会知道的

432–Im gonna wear my dads trunch coat 我会穿上爸爸的军大衣

433–Im gonna come to school with nothing on, but my trunch coat,我会光着身子到学校就穿个军大衣

434–and a pair boots 剃个光头

435–from far show all the teachers. Happy Birthday.老远处亮给老师看 生日快乐

436–You dont believe me?你不相信我吗

437–Yeah, I do.没有 我相信

438–no, you dont.不 你不相信

439–Ha Ha Ha check it out.哈 哈 哈 快看那

440–Dont throw it out before me 别再在我面前这么做了

441–I wont.我不会的

442–Its a great place, I never had so comfort before.这个地方不错 我从来没有这么舒服过

443–My grandfather is a little crankie 我爷爷挺奇怪的

444–well have to be out by 6 by the way 顺便说一下 我们待有六个人

445–Liz, Im waiting for the phone, those contest things.丽丝 我正等个电话呢

446–She never gonna win.她绝对不会赢的

447–OK, you know what. shut up.好吧 你知道吗 闭嘴

448–I dont care. I just gotta dial his number before I forget it.我 先找找号码

449–Do you understand the theorem?你们这些人就不能安静点吗

450–come on bob! give it a wrest the test isnt till like a week 博比 省省吧 考试还有一周呢

451–Hey, can I just have that chicken for lunch.嘿 我先给你们弄点吃的吧

452–sure 当然

453–Is this already?已经来了吗

454–some drunk lady.一个喝醉的女人

455–Oh, shell drain on the door.她会把门弄坏的

456–oh, Im going out the window.我先到窗户外面

457–I dont feel very good. Could you help me, please?我觉得不太舒服 你能帮帮我吗

458–Oh, here she blows.哦 她就在这儿吐了

459–all right, up 好吧 站起来

460–Im a good mom. I just need a hug,我是个坏妈妈 我只是想来一针

461–I want a hug.哦 上帝

462–She couldnt take living straight.她承受不了生活的压力

463–Why should I expect her to take dying.但我怎么能让她就这样死去呢

464–Isnt dying 难道死不是

465–the hardest thing anyones ever done?每个人最难做到的事情吗

466–everyones gone.所有人都走了

467–except you 除了你

468–Yeah 耶

469–so wheres your pos gonna sleep?那你爷爷睡哪里

470–here 这儿

471–sleep with his daughter?跟他女儿一块儿睡吗

472–oh, I dont think like that.哦 可不是那么一回事

473–Yeah, but you dont know.是 但是你不知道罢了

474–He did her sisiter, when she was real younger.爷爷在她小时候侵犯过她姐姐

475–She told me that.她告诉我的

476–Why her sister, not her?她姐姐还是她

477–I figure he did them both.我猜她们都是

478–So her sister crazy, too?那你姐姐也疯了

479–Yeah, and their mother, too.耶 我妈妈也是

480–Thats why that I didnt wanna come here.这就是为什么我不愿意来这里

481–You know, my moms getting back with my dad.你知道 我妈妈要回到我爸爸那里了

482–I wish my mom would.我希望我妈妈和我爸爸在一块儿

483–He does stuff to my sister.他对我姐姐做了些不该做的

484–You dont have a sister.你没有姐姐

485–Lucky for her.对她来说是的

486–Did you tell your mother?你告诉你妈妈了吗

487–Yeah, I told her.是啊 我告诉她了

488–but she left him 她离开他时

489–and she cursed him out, she just gonna call the cops 她曾经威胁他说要叫警察

490–and now shes getting back with him.现在她要回到他那儿

491–You know, I asked her how she could do that?我问她怎么能这么做时

492–and she said she missed him.她告诉我她想他

493–She missed him, huh?她想他 哼

494–I was 7 when he first stuck it in.我 7 岁的时候他才回到家

495–Chris, Chris dont.克里斯 克里斯 别

496–moving with me.住我这里

497–stay here?住这里

498–Whats your grandfather gonna say?那你爷爷怎么说

499–He wont know.他不会知道的

500–I will. Well work it out so I never see you.我是说我们不要让他发现就行了

501–He wont get up until late from work.上班之后他总起的很晚

502–Hes like a robot, anyway, out at 8 再说他就像个机器人一样

503–and back at six. out 六点钟回来 出去

504–Pop, she has no place to stay.她没有地方呆

505–Its not my problem. OUT!那不是我的问题 出去

506–Leave her alone. Dont…别碰她 别

507–Your mothers dying.你妈妈快死了

508–Your piece of trash father walked out and stuck me with a lot of these.你那垃圾爸爸跑了给我丢下这些

509–Did I ask my fellows of my age, did they?我这把年纪能顾的了这么多吗

510–What are you doing?你干什么

511–All right, That suits me.正合我意

512–You end up a trash anyway, just like your parents.反正你也就是个垃圾 跟你父母一样

513–so I left 我也不呆在这儿了

514–You wanna go and get your stuff 你是去把你的东西也拿过来

515–or youre gonna leave me out here alone 还是就把我扔在这儿

516–Do any of us bargain for our lives?我们还用跟生活讨价还价吗

517–It seems to me that 对我来说我们

518–we just fall into them.就像直接跌到了最坏的情况

519–and we have to do the best we can. Lets go.我们不得不尽我们所能

520–My mother was dying. My father was gone.我妈妈要死了 我爸爸走了

521–but I had to believe there were roads would rise up to meet me.但是我却要相信前面的路为我敞开

522–I was 15 when I went out to the world.我 15 岁开始了流浪

523–Whats a home anyway.什么是家

524–a roof? a bed?一个屋顶 床

525–a place where when you go there they have to take you .一个必须接纳你的地方

526–If so, when I was 15, I became homeless.如果那样的话 15 岁我开始无家可归

527–spare some change? get a job 给点零钱吧 找个工作吧

528–How ya doing tonight?今天过的怎么样

529–God bless you kid.上帝保佑你 孩子

530–spare some change?给点零钱吧

531–but sometimes I felt like 但是有时候我觉得

532–I never had a home in my life.我从没有被遗弃过

533–Lets go 走吧

534–come back!回来

535–and another times I knew 终于 我明白了

536–where ever my mom was, thats where my home was.我妈妈在哪里 我的家就在哪里

537–Month by month, she was fitting away.一月又一月 她消耗殆尽

538–Liz?丽丝

539–Where did you go?你去哪了

540–Ive … Ive been staying with friends.我 我跟朋友呆在一块儿

541–I miss you.我想你

542–pops… he hated me 爷爷 把我赶了出来

543–and I couldnt stay here.我不能呆在这里

544–Lisa said you stop going to school.利萨说你又不去上学了

545–Im gonna go back.我会回去的

546–When?真的

547–When you get better.你身体好点的时候

548–This is me… This is me.这就是我 这就是我

549–I at the bars, cause I shake.因为颤抖

550–I cant stop shaking.我不停的抖

551–I think thats… thats because of the drinking.我想那是喝酒太多了

552–you should probably stop.我想你应该戒了

553–OK OK 好吧 好吧

554–Youre gonna get better, you know.你会变好的

555–I love you mom. mom I love you .我爱你 妈妈 我爱你

556–get over there.过去那边

557–Hey guys wait up. Ill catch you later. Im just gonna… bye 等一下 我再去找你们 我得

558–mom 妈妈

559–we took up a collection.那是我们捐的

560–She isnt coming here anymore, cause she thinks we always laugh at her.她不过来了 她老以为别人笑她

561–Shes dead honey. she died yesterday morning.她死了 昨天早上

562–Sometimes I feel like theres a skin on the world.有时候我觉得世界外有一层外壳

563–and those of us who were born under it 我们所有人都生在这层外壳之下

564–can see throw it.你能从外壳里看到外面

565–We just cant get throw it.但是你却出不去

566–My mothers being buried under section 51,我妈妈被埋在第 51 区

567–the charity plot.一个不收费的墓区

568–My mother was in there. strangers had put her in there.我妈妈在里面 陌生人把她放在里面

569–Was she naked? was she frightened?她没穿衣服吗 她害怕吗

570–no, she was gone.不 她离开了

571–come on. lets go.咱们走

572–no wait a minute. there should be a service.等一下 应该有个典礼的

573–there should be a priest whats supposed to happen.应该有个牧师祈祷的

574–When you go, were gonna bury him. thats all.你走了之后 我们会埋了它 就这样

575–Its a SHE!那是”她”

576–Thats my mother.那是我妈妈

577–Theres no priest?没有牧师

578–not these cases. you didnt know that?这里没有 你不知道吗

579–Shes dead. put her into the ground 她死了 把她埋了吧

580–priest no priest. what did it matter.牧师没有祷告 那又怎么样

581–she was gone.她不在了

582–She was already rotting.她已经开始腐烂了

583–sorry 对不起

584–Was I supposed to believe she found eternal peace?我应该相信她最终找到了安宁吗

585–so you come with us?你走吗

586–just go 先走吧

587–Hey wait 嘿 等一下

588–Jean Murray, beloved.至爱的 姬恩 玛丽亚

589–Mother of Elizabeth 伊丽莎白 玛丽亚

590–and Lisa Murray 1954-1996 和利萨 玛丽亚的母亲 1954-1996

591–OK 好了

592–Listen, Im gonna out of here OK?听着 我要离开了 好吗

593–Liz, just I cant… I cant…丽丝 我 我不能再

594–I cant do this anymore.我呆不下去了

595–you know, so, Im going.我要走了

596–Where?去哪里

597–Group home?孤儿院

598–crazy house?孤儿院

599–This? This is crazy!现在才是疯狂的呢

600–You should come with me.你该跟我一块走

601–yeah, so, see you around.好吧 再说吧

602–People die. Things decay.人们死去 放到坑里

603–Everything that seemed 所有的东西都是

604–so solid is meaningless.那么真实 那么没有意义

605–All that left is gestures we make.留下的就是一些行为的碎片和空气

606–gestures and air thats what we remember.那就是我们记得的东西

607–I remember riding with my mother through the slips.我记得和我妈妈一块儿从斜跛上滑下来

608–The year ending. but her arms were warm around me 她的肩膀温暖的怀抱着我

609–when I was little and she was well.当时我还很小 她还很好

610–That was long ago. maybe it only happened once.那是很久以前 可能只是那么一次

611–Maybe she betrayed me a thousand times. it didnt matter.可能她背叛了我无数次 但没有关系

612–math was always a weak subject.次数不表示问题

613–we remember what we choose.我们记得我们的选择

614–get out of there 快出来

615–Where are you gonna put the stone?你们在那里放墓碑

616–Its no stone here. Theres no room.没有墓碑 没有地方放

617–In a week,一个星期之内

618–there would be no trace of her.就再也找不到这个地方了

619–but what did it matter?那又怎么样

620–This wasnt the real world.这又不是真实的世界

621–we really only lived in each others hearts.我们只活在彼此的心底

622–She lived in my heart.她就住在我心里

623–but I lived no where.但是我却没有地方去

624–I was all alone in the world.我在世界上单独一个人

625–youre 16 years old with 8th grade education,十六岁时受 8 年级学习教育

626–and when you are down the world spiral that 生活在你做梦

627–will end in the worst place than you ever dreamed 都想像不到的糟糕地方

628–youve burned every bridge,失去了所有的关系

629–youve worned out every welcom 消磨了所有的欢迎

630–and everyone whos ever believed in you.每一个曾经相信我的人

631–youve let down.我都让他们失望了

632–Eva 伊瓦

633–I dont wanna be an idot. I wanna go to school.我不想做个傻瓜 我要去上学

634–Im Liz Murray.我是丽丝 玛丽亚

635–I have an appointment.我约了时间

636–at 9:30?在 9:30

637–Its 10:30 现在已经 10:30 了

638–Im sorry, the subway got stucked.很抱歉 交通堵塞

639–Im sorry, too. but its really too late.我也很抱歉 但是你实在是太迟了

640–School started 3 weeks ago.学校 3 周前开始上课的

641–Its just about full.招生就快满了

642–Kids get here on time, honey.学生都准时到这里 孩子

643–I read the brochure intensive 我读过

644–“intensive student participation for the development of a just conmunity. “”加强学生的参与以发展公平社

区”

645–I just need one chance.我只是需要一次机会

646–You can wait and talk to David.你可以等一下跟戴维谈谈

647–but hes got a meeting right after 但他待会儿还有个会

648–What is your dream?你的梦想是什么

649–For your life? For your school.生活的梦想 学校的梦想

650–I knew when at that moment I had to make a choice.我知道在那个时刻我要做出选择

651–I could submit to everything that 我可以写所有我生命中

652–was happening in living life of excuses 发生的事情并为之辩护

653–or I could push myself.或者我可以推我自己一把

654–I could push myself and make my life good.我可以推自己一把 让我的生活变好

655–Hey, well get you by friday.我们星期五还有一次见面

656–OK thank you. oh pleasure guys 好的 谢谢 很高兴 孩子们

657–Elizabeth? Liz 伊丽莎白 丽丝

658–Liz, Im sorry.丽丝 对不起

659–Were making our last decisions now.我们已经要最后决定了

660–Im already late.我快要迟到了

661–Can I just talk to you for just a minute?我能跟您谈一分钟吗

662–30 sesonds?30 秒钟

663–Its the application.申请也是一个很大的作文

664–Its a whole big essay question, too.我已经完成作文了

665–Ive already done the essay. I really want this.我真的想要上学

666–I havent had a lot grownups 我没有什么东西

667–improved to be trustworthy or for the long runs,证明我过来要很远

668–so maybe I dont know how to talk to you, but …所以我不知道该怎么跟你说

669–My parents both use drugs, a lot of them.我父母都吸毒 很严重

670–I wont go near them, but…我不会跟他们沾边的

671–but I guess I, kind of, lived that life style.但是我就是生活在那种环境的

672–Im embarrassed now about how layback Ive been.我很为我过去没做好而觉得难堪

673–I mean, Ive never even really been school 我是说 我没有真正的去上过学

674–except for the 8th grade. but8 年上学很难熬 但是

675–your grades are very good in elementary school 你的成绩非常好

676–I used to show up last week and take the test,我上周去参加了考试

677–thats how I get promoted.然后我才可以升级的

678–Im smart. I know I can succeed.我很聪明 我知道我能成功

679–I just… I just need the chance.我只是 我只是需要一次机会

680–I need the chance 我需要一次机会

681–to climb out of this place Ive been born in.爬出我出生的那个环境

682–everyone I know just angry, tired.每个我认识的人都是愤怒 疲惫

683–Theyre trying to survive.他们只是挣扎着活下去

684–but I know that theres a world out there 但是我知道有一个世界

685–thats better.更好的世界

686–Thats better developed. I wanna live in it.更好的生活 我希望在那里生活

687–why now?为什么是现在

688–My mother died of AIDS. she died a couple of months ago.我妈妈死于爱滋病 她几个月前死了

689–It was real slap on the face.感觉好像被打了几巴掌

690–I guess I always thought that she was gonna get better 我猜我老是以为她会好转的

691–and take care of me.照顾我

692–Its pretty stupid huh?很蠢是吧

693–shed never been taking care of me. I took care of her.她从来都没有照顾过我 我照顾她

694–She was my baby. But now shes gone.她是我的孩子 但现在她不在了

695–so …就是这样

696–now its time to take care of yourself 现在是时候你自己照顾自己了

697–Can you get here on time? Liz?你能按时到校吗 丽丝

698–Ill sleep here if I have to.我会睡在这里如果可以的话

699–OK, youre in.好吧 你被录取了

700–but you told the others 但是你告诉别人

701–you wont know until friday.要到星期五才告诉她们的

702–Youre in.你被录取了

703–Thank you . He just changes my life.谢谢 他刚刚改变了我的一生

704–Thats worth Miss.这就是为人师表

705–you just fulfill the paper work.把相关表单准备一下

706–You got your transcrips 你要带着成绩单

707–and thats just the easy stuff address, phone number.和一些紧急联系信息:地址 电话

708–We have to have a meeting with parents or your gardian 我们需要你的父母或者监护人见一面

709–get that in. were good to go.这些都有了 你就可以来上学了

710–dad.爸爸

711–Hey, Lizzy.嘿 丽丝

712–I need your help, please.我需要你的帮助 求你了

713–such a production. such a production 真是太夸张了 太夸张了

714–Why dont you just stay in the Browx and go to konedy.为什么你不呆在以前的学校

715–I dont know how to go to a normal school.我不知道该怎么待在普通学校

716–Why? why? this isnt a normal school?为什么这不是普通学校吗

717–Oh its public but its like private.哦 是公立的 但是很像私立的

718–dad dad 爸爸 爸爸

719–I think I can do this.我觉得我可以办到的

720–Yeah? thats good. I dont think I can do this.很好 但我不认为我可以办到

721–Yeah you can! you can!嘿 你可以 你可以的

722–just say youre a long horn truck driver.我跟他们说你是开长途客车

723–thats why I just dont ever see you.所以他们不会找你的

724–Were living with your girl friend now also.我还说你有一个女朋友

725–oh you give me a girl friend?等一下 你说我有个女朋友

726–Eva. Eva! oh, thats not good.伊瓦 伊瓦 这可不好

727–Eva is old enough to be my mother.伊瓦老的能当我妈了

728–dad. I just need an address you know,爸爸 我只是需要一个地址

729–a phone number they can call.他们能打的电话号码

730–They cant know I went homeless.他们不会知道我无家可归

731–theyll call the city. and Ill be locked up again.我进去之后 就不会再有事了

732–OK OK 好吧 好吧

733–Mr. Murray. Im Peter. Peter Phinidy 玛丽亚先生 我是皮特 菲尼

734–I never actually 实际上我从来没有

735–married Lizzys mother.跟丽丝的妈妈接过婚

736–sit down please.坐下 请坐吧

737–Im gratefully taking my daughter in this pretty nice place.我很高兴我女儿能来这里上学

738–we are still new.这个地方非常不错

739–we have a big ambition 我们也有很远的目标

740–yeah, so is Liz I guess. Shes a feminist.我猜丽丝也是 她是个女权主义者

741–Im expecting you know it already.我已经开始期待了

742–her mother was beautiful actually. like a movie star.她妈妈很漂亮 像个电影明星

743–her mother was also a kind of a feminist too. or something.也是个女权主义者

744–anyway I thought when I met her she was just, you know, spirit.总之当我见到她时 你知道

745–but actually she was completely insane.她那会儿精神恍惚

746–we need you to sign right here.请在这里签字

747–and give us contect information address and phone number 并且请给我们联系方式 地址 电话

748–university avenue 3458 大学路 3458 号

749–is that an apartment? yeah 2b 那是个公寓吗

750–3b3b yeah thats right.3b3b 对

751–thats right. we moved upstairs.没错 我们搬到楼上了

752–phone number?电话号码

753–718…718…

754–…555 …555…555 …555

755–…557…67…5555767 ..557…67…5555767

756–sorry my memery my mind totally short.对不起 我都记的不太清了

757–so thats it?就这些吗

758–I gotta stuff to do.我应该做的事儿 就这些

759–thanks for coming. thank you 感谢您的到来 谢谢您

760–can I start now?我现在能开始了吗

761–Its refreshing to have someone who wants to come to school.听到有人说想来上学真是很让人振奋

762–Im gonna walk him out.我送他出去

763–all right. Oh, they give tokens to you?他们还给你零钱吗

764–no I gotta a job 不 我有工作

765–Yeah, I remember when you were a kid 我记得你小时候

766–you used to beg grossories down the Foren road 在弗伦路上扫地

767–and put the food in fridge.把食物放到冰箱里

768–How old were you?你那时候多大

769–Eight.8 岁

770–Im not a people person. you understand that.我不算个正常人 如果你明白的话

771–Im not a people person. Liz 我不算个正常人 丽丝

772–Theres nothing to do with you.那跟你没什么关系

773–you know. Its not personal.你知道 这不是针对个人的

774–you came today though.但是你今天还是过来了

775–I love you dad.我爱你 爸爸

776–oh dont do that. dont love me. It wastes of energy.别爱我 那是浪费能量

777–You when I was little.我小的时候

778–you were the most interesting thing in my world.你是我的世界里最有趣的事情

779–everyone around was just talking about drugs or sex or you know,其他人都是谈论毒品 性

780–just trying to survive the day.尽量撑过每一天

781–but you always had ideas 但是你老是有主意

782–its because of you 因为你的缘故

783–I know theres another way of being.我总会发现另外的出路

784–Are you OK?你还好吗

785–Yeah yeah, Im fine.是 我很好

786–they take care of me find at the shelter 他们照顾我 给我找了个收容所

787–actually Im gonna get my own apartment 还要给我一套公寓

788–you know they like to do that.他们可能会这么做

789–you can come and stay with me, visit me, any time 你随时可以到我那里去

790–you own an apartment 你有一套公寓

791–yeah they like to do that.是的 他们乐意这么做

792–they keep people like me at the shelters.送我们这些人到收容所

793–you know the people the patience. people with AIDS 我们这些病人 得爱滋的病人

794–Hey, listen, no no no a lot is changing.事情变了很多

795–Ive got all these medicines now 我吃了很多药

796–and Im clean 现在我已经没事了

797–so Im gonna live forever.所以我会永远活下去的

798–Ill be fine. Im gonna live forever.我很好 我会永远活下去的

799–stay in school.好好上学

800–I blew this, but you can do this.我搞砸了 但是你可以做到

801–Goff Tanken.高夫 谭肯

802–remember the main. anyboday?记住大部分 还有人吗

803–Frank O prushen woorf? You.弗兰克 帕辛 吴 你

804–Do you get BISMARCK?你有”商业记号”那页吗

805–You didnt get BISMARCK.你没有那页

806–I didnt get BISMARCK, either.我也没有拿到那页

807–I thought BISMARCK was a kind of roll.我还以为”商业记号”是某种肉卷呢

808–Kaiser roll. so is BISMARCK a kaiser?凯瑟卷 那”商业记号”是凯瑟卷

809–stop talking about food. youre making me hungry.别再说食物了 我都觉得饿了

810–Dav, are we getting textbooks next year?戴维 今年我们会发教科书吗

811–cause Im keeping losing these things.因为我老是丢这些活页

812–emmm… textbooks..嗯 教科书

813–why dont we use textbooks? anyone?为什么不发教科书 谁知道

814–too heavy?太重了

815–They are, but not cigar.是的 但是不能给雪茄糖[A kind of sugar]

816–theyre too expensive. the school is too poor.它们太贵了 学校负担不了

817–Im keeping my cigars today.我今天要自己留着雪茄糖了

818–you new girl.你 新来的同学

819–her name is Liz 她叫丽丝

820–Yeah dav. shes been here a week.是啊 上帝 戴维 她都来一周了

821–try to remember.你还记不住她的名字

822–Liz, sue me 丽丝 到法院告我吧

823–textbook text…book…教科书 教科 书

824–open it up 打开

825–what did you see? words 里面说什么 单词

826–what kind of words?什么样的词

827–the words of the author.作者的话

828–no no this is important.不 不 这很重要

829–and what we have here?我手上拿的是什么

830–a lot of other peoples words 许多其他人的话

831–why do I wannt you to have them 为什么我要发给你们

832–because one point of view gives you a one-dimensional world 因为一种观点给你一方面的见解

833–cigars cigars! BISMARCK.雪茄糖 雪茄糖 “商业记号”

834–marks the guy who sold me the babble gums cigars.卖给我泡泡糖的人 雪茄糖

835–why one earth would we confine ourselves to his story-history 为什么我们只能看他一个人的故事

836–but isnt that the deal day? I mean is there official history?但是那不是记载着官方历史吗

837–no girl tell him what history is.不 孩子 告诉他什么是历史

838–history is all of us. all our stories count.历史是我们全体 我们全体都算

839–thats is. grab your papers.就这样 拿着你的作业

840–Ill be in the launch if you wanna talk about it.要找我的话 我在休息室

841–hey Liz its yours 嘿 丽丝 这是你的

842–hey new girl 嘿 新来得同学

843–you let me in but you dont remember my name 你批准我入校的 却不记得我的名字

844–Oh I remember your name.我记得你的名字

845–I just like the others gaining up your side.我只是想让其他人站到你一边

846–youre pretty smart.你很聪明

847–so are you 你也是

848–you gave me an A-你给我一个 A849–yeah I thought it was a very good paper 是的 我认为写的不错

850–how do i make an A 我怎么才能得 A

851–Liz, an A- is an excellent mark.丽丝 A-是非常高的分数

852–this is your first school work and what? forever?再怎么说这是你第一次学校作业

853–if my words count,如果我的话管用的话

854–I want them to be right.我希望你能帮我改正它

855–OK 好吧

856–whatre you still doing here?你还在这里干什么

857–algebra 生物

858–yeah well, its after 11. Im locking up.已经 11 点了 我要关门了

859–How many classes are you taking?你上了多少课

860–the regular 5,必修的 5 课

861–and the saturday programming, the night school, franch 周六课程 夜校 法语

862–and the after school science 非洲学校 科学

863–ten!10 个

864–now you see why I need the before school maths 现在你知道为什么我需要学学前数学了

865–a lot 真是非常多

866–Im 17.我现在 17 了

867–I dont wanna be 21 before I finish high school.我不想高中毕业就 21 了

868–so youre trying to do 4-years high school in 3 years?那你想 3 年念完 4 年的课程吗

869–Two.2 年

870–you need before school maths, too.你也需要学学学前数学

871–yeah, youll kill yourself you know?哦 是啊 你这是自杀

872–no 不是

873–no Im gonna live.我会活的好好的

874–I had it down. the B-train took 70 minutes to do its entire runB 号线全程 40 分钟

875–Ive been back 4 times,来回四次后

876–and I would get to school just a little early.我一般会早到学校

877–and david would let me in.她们会让我进去的

878–for the first time my life 第一次我生活里

879–had some order I can count on 有了些可以遵循的节奏

880–Chris?克利斯

881–Chris? Chris?克利斯 克利斯

882–whatre you doing here?你在这儿干嘛呢

883–hanging out 闲逛

884–what about the home?你的家怎么样

885–so why dont you look for me?你怎么能不来找我呢

886–I did. Ive been looking for a long time.我找过 我找了你很久了

887–you have been in any ever places?你都不在以前的地方了

888–Im here now.我现在在这边

889–Im going to a new school. and I like it.我上了一个新学校 我很喜欢它

890–hey hey come on.嘿 怎么了

891–Its great. were together.多好啊 我们在一块儿了

892–last one out, first one in.最后一个走 第一个来

893–no that describes you david.不 那是说你的 戴维

894–how did you get so dedicated?你怎么能这么有劲头呢

895–well, Im such a privilege jerk.我是个大傻瓜

896–I want it to give something back.我非常想得到一些东西

897–this is?这是

898–my friend chris. my best friend.我朋友 克利斯 最好的朋友

899–hi chris. hey 你好 克利斯 你好

900–I want her to come here too.我想让她也来这里上学

901–Its not a party, its a tough place.这不是个舞会 是个很吃苦的地方

902–well, shes good for you,你觉得她可以

903–hes good enough for me. come on in.我也觉得她可以 进来吧

904–so, what we putting on the board?成绩什么时候下来

905–were deciding well send top 10 students 我们决定之后要送前 10 名

906–in school trip to Boston 到波士顿旅行

907–cool. youve ever been?酷 你去过吗

908–Ive never been out of New York.我从来都没出过纽约

909–we went to queens once.我们去过 皇后区

910–well, youre going.你会去的

911–come on. no way Im one of the top 10 students.哦 我可不会进前 10 名

912–oh youre not one of the top. youre the top.你可不是前 10 名 你是第 1 名

913–you get the best grade in this whole place 你是学校里分数最高的

914–so what? you going to Boston?那又怎么样 去波士顿

915–expenses paid.旅费是学校付的

916–how long? 5 days 多久 5 天

917–you OK, Liz?你还好吗 丽丝

918–yeah, I just thought Ive been trash, you know.耶 我还以为我是渣滓呢

919–youre not trash.你不是渣滓

920–this is getting you thinking about college.从这件事上你应该考虑上大学

921–whats college like? Its all crap, shut up!大学什么样 都是废话 别说了

922–you can come too? can she?你也可以去啊 她可以吗

923–sure, if she does the work.当然可以 她能做到

924–well, not figure an inch, thanks.我不是那块料 谢谢

925–come on chris,梦想 克利斯

926–dream a little. what you wanna be when you grow up?长大了你想做什么

927–boy, I was grown since I was 7.我 7 岁的时候就开始长大了

928–I mean after high school. its OK.克利斯 我是说 高中之后 没事

929–no its not OK. Ill be a garbageman.我有事 我会做个捡垃圾的

930–Ill be a prostitude.我会做个妓女

931–who cares what the hell Im gonna be.谁管它多久呢

932–welcome to Harvard guys.欢迎到哈佛 同学们

933–it looks like what you thought it would?看起来和想象的一样吗

934–better. unattainably better 更好 无法接受的好

935–Liz, theyre just people.丽丝 他们也是普通人

936–not people like me 不是像我这样的普通人

937–why not people like me?为什么不是像我这样的普通人

938–what made them so different?什么让他们这么不同

939–because of where they were born?因为他们出生的地方吗

940–I was working as hard as I could,我尽我所能的工作

941–so I didnt end up on food stamps or house let.所以不用靠救济粮票或者房屋租借度日

942–what… what if I work even more?如果我更努力的工作呢

943–I was so close to the skin 我现在离那层外壳这么近

944–now I can touch it.甚至可以触摸到它

945–it would be a reach. its not impossible.这是一种渴望 不是不可能

946–is there any other scholarships 还有其他奖学金吗

947–thats quite a few.很少

948–write 1500 words on the important 关于自由市场和自由世界的重要性

949–of the free market 写一篇 1500 字的报告

950–and the free world and win $500 可以得 500 美元奖学金

951–yeah, I dont need lead 70 of those every year.是的 而且每年只发 70 美元

952–there was some brandnew from the NYT,有个最新的奖学金项目 纽约时报的

953–maybe I didnt put it in yet.我可能还没放进去呢

954–$12000 every year for 4 years12000 美元每年 共 4 年

955–what do you have to do?要求有什么

956–attach a brief essay describing 附一个简短论文描述你认为

957–what you believe to be the most significant in acadamic achievement 最重要的收获和你是如何

958–and how you have overcome any chellenges or obstacles 迎接挑战和克服困难的

959–can have a copy of this?你能帮我复印一份吗

960–I want to stand beside people beside walk 我想和人们站在一块儿

961–and not be so far beneath them 不想在他们之下

962–I wanna go to Harvard and become very developed 我想去哈佛 做受教育最高的人

963–read all the best books 读所有最好的书

964–then I found myself thinking 有时候我也发现我在想

965–what if I just go crazy?我是不是一时冲动

966–I used my every potential to do that.用我所有的潜能去做这件事

967–I have to do it. I have no choice.我必须这么做 我没有选择

968–Am I late?我迟到了吗

969–no, Im early 不 我早了

970–I made you some coffee 我帮你倒杯咖啡

971—one sweet sugar, right? -right.-要加块糖吗 -好啊

972–Thank you.谢谢

973–can I have a stamp for this?能给我张邮票吗

974–thats the NYT scholarship.申请纽约时报奖学金

975–you havent mailed them yet?你还没寄出去吗

976–when is the deadline?什么时候截止

977–Tomorrow. I gave you 4 months ago, Liz.明天 我四个月之前就给你了

978–what are you waiting for?你等什么呢

979–for today. for me to turn 18.为了今天 我 18 岁

980–Its your birthday.今天你生日

981–happy birthday.生日快乐

982–but I dont think theres a requirement 但是我想他们不需要你必须 18 岁

983–I know, thank you.我知道 谢谢你

984–but now I could tell the truth that 但是现在我可以说实话了

985–I was homeless.我无家可归

986–and no one could come and take me away 没有人来带我回家

987–Lisa 利萨

988–Liz?丽丝

989–What are you doing here?你在这里干嘛

990–I have this interview.我有个面试

991–Im a finalist for a big NYT scholarship 我进了纽约时报奖学金最后一轮

992–but I dont have anything to wear.但是我没有能穿的衣服

993–You want my clothes?你想要我的衣服吗

994–nothing fancy just something that I can put over this.不是说喜欢 只是一个能穿的外套

995–Thank you.谢谢

996–mom sold my coat once,妈妈把我彩色的那件卖了

997–I couldnt go to school 我也不能去上学

998–I remember 我记得

999–I cried, I loved going to school so much.我还哭了 我真的很喜欢上学

1000–you never went to school.你都没上过学

1001–why would they give you the scholarship 他们怎么会给你机会呢

1002–because Im homeless 因为我无家可归

1003–and Im doing really well in school, and…而且我在学校的成绩很好

1004–youre not homeless, Liz.你不是无家可归 丽丝

1005–you could stay here.你可以待在这里

1006–no I couldnt. you know that 不 我办不到 你知道的

1007–pop hates you.爷爷恨你

1008–Im going blind. like mama 我马上就要瞎了 跟妈妈一样

1009–Im scared.我很害怕

1010–Liz, they kick me out of the group home 丽丝 他们把我赶出了孤儿院

1011–and all my stuff.还有所有的东西

1012–they cant kick you out, youre not 18 yet.他们不能赶你走 你还不到 18 呢

1013–Theyll bring to to Brucklin.他们要把我转到布鲁克林

1014–I dont wanna go to Brucklin. you have to help me 我不想去布鲁克林 你一定要帮帮我

1015–I have an interview. right?我有个面试 好嘛

1016–just let get through this one thing,让我把这件事做完

1017–and you can come back and go to school 你可以回来上学

1018–no, I dont wanna go to school, I dont belong there,我不想上学 我不属于那里

1019–neither do you.你也不属于那里

1020–yes I do.不 我是的

1021–you think they like pepole like us to go to Harvard?你以为他们会让你进哈佛吗

1022–the world moves you just suspect 你会怀疑地球是否在转动

1023–it could no happen without you 即使你不在也照样如此

1024–situations are not condused to what you want for yourself 情况不能像你希望的一样

1025–someone elses needs,有些人的需求

1026–someone elses plate is going to be stronger than yours is.有些人的信念会比你的更强烈

1027–I think people just get frustrated without harsh,我想人们在不知生活会有多困苦时

1028–life can be 感到失败

1029–so theyre spending their time dwelling on that frustration 所以人们久久围困于自己的失败中

1030–we calling it anger.我们称为愤怒

1031–keep their eyes shut to the wholeness of the situation 对事物的整体视而不见

1032–to all those tinny things 对于所有能够成功的微小元素

1033–that have come together to make it, what it is 以及什么是成功视而不见

1034–because I was turned so inward by mom and dad 因为我的父母迫使我向深处里观察

1035–I got chance to see how all the little tiny things 我有幸看到所有的微小事物是如何

1036–come together to make the final product 最终聚集在一起 最终形成产物的

1037–so I was never inclined to wonder why this 所以我从来不问为什么这样

1038–or why that 为什么那样

1039–I knew why 我知道为什么

1040–not that I was happy about it,这样并不能让我高兴

1041–in fact I was really sad about it, some of the time 很多时候倒让我觉的很难过

1042–but I was very excepting 但是我总是勇于接受

1043–I was very excepting.但我总是勇于接受事实

1044–I just always knew that I need to get out.我知道我总想离开我的环境

1045–is there anything else youd like to tell us?还有什么你要告诉我们的吗

1046–I loved my mother.我爱我妈妈

1047–so much I mean 如此之深

1048–she was a drug addict.她吸毒

1049–she was an alcoholic 也酗酒

1050–she was legally blind 基本失明

1051–she was schizophrenic 她还患有精神分裂

1052–but I never forgot that she did love me 但是我决不会忘记她爱我

1053–even if, if she did it 虽然她曾经做过一些事

1054–all the time 总是这样

1055–all the time 总是这样

1056–all the time 总是这样

1057–I hope you will know 我希望你们知道

1058–how much I really need this 我是多么的需要这次机会

1059–I cant go to college or anything without it 或者我就不能上大学或者别的事情

1060–she earned a 95 average,她的平均成绩 95 分

1061–and finished the top of class of 150 并且是班里 150 名学生中最高的

1062–she did it while completing the 4-years of high school in 2 她能够在两年时间完成 4 年的高中学业

1063–she did it while homeless, her mother was dead,她无家可归 她的妈妈死去了

1064–her father was a drug addict living in shelters 爸爸在收容所里

1065–and any way I describe this cant do just to her accomplishment 我所有的描述都不能概括对她的赞扬

1066–so Ill just introduce to you our 所以我直接介绍我们的

1067–6th NYT scholarship winner 第 6 届纽约时报奖学金获奖者

1068–Liz Murray 丽丝 玛丽亚

1069–everythings changed,所有的事情都改变了

1070–My life will never be the same.我的生命不会再如以前了

1071–and I dont know what else to say except for thank you 我不知道还应该说些什么 除了谢谢

1072–thank you very much 非常感谢

1073–Liz Liz, how did you do this?丽丝 丽丝 你是怎么做到的

1074–How could I not do it?!我怎么能做不到呢

1075–my parents showed me with the alternative was 我的父母教会了我可能

1076–did you ever feel sorry for yourself?你为自己的过去感到难过吗

1077–sorry?对不起

1078–sleeping in the subway. eating out of dumpsters 在地铁里睡觉 吃丢弃的食物

1079–that had always been my life and I really 那总是我生活的一部分 我觉的

1080–I feel that I got lucky,我非常幸运

1081–because any sensive security 是因为我心里所有的安全感

1082–was pulled out from under me 被从身体中抛弃

1083–so I was forced 所以我被迫向前看

1084–to look forward.我必须向前

1085–I had to… there was no going back 没有能后退的路

1086–and I reached a point where I just thought 我到了一种状态

1087–“oh Im gonna work as hard as I possiblly can”好吧 我要尽我所能的工作

1088–and see what happens”看会发生什么 “

1089–and now Im going to college.现在我上大学了

1090–and the NYT is going to pay 而且纽约时报给我付学费

1091–so you were lucky!所以说你是幸运的

1092–but is there anything you change, if you were able?但是你会改变什么 如果你可以的话

1093–Yeah, Id give it back.耶 我会把它还回去的

1094–all of it.所有的

1095–If I could have my family back.如果我的家庭能复原的话

1096–I got into Harvard. I got a job at the NYT.我进了哈佛 我在纽约时报有了份工作

1097–I got an apartment.我有了自己的公寓

1098–I dont have to carry my whole life with me any more.我再也不用随身携带所有的东西了

1099–I dont have to carry my whole life with me 我不得不背负着我的过去

1100–but I do. everyone Ive known,但是我记得所有我认识的人

1101–everything I have done. Jesus, chip off 所有我做过的事情 难过的往事

1102–I forget the little things 我忘记所有微小的事情

1103–but still hard to carry alone 但是仍然很难单独承受

1104–so thats why I told you.所以我告诉你

1105–thats why Ive told you my story 所以我告诉你我的故事

1106–now I can lay it out and burn it done,现在我能让它燃烧

1107–put it in the rest, then I can go on 平息 那我就可以向前走了

1108–Hi, mom.嗨 妈妈

1109–Lizs father suffering from AIDS and lives in his apartment 丽丝的艾滋病父亲生活在他自己的公寓里

1110–Chris has a steady job 克里斯有了份稳定的工作

1111–and remained good friends with liz 并且继续和丽丝是好朋友

1112–Liz pays the rent of her apartment with the money she earned from making confrences 丽丝用在演讲赚来

的钱支付公寓的月租

1113–Liz has left Harvard in the spring of 2003.丽丝 2003 年春天离开了哈佛

1114–she continued her studies at college.并且继续在大学深造

1115–She is convinced that her path will come by itself.她相信自己可以独自面对将来的道路

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注